Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Earl Grey & a bit of Au Lait

There's something undeniably soothing about a warm cup of tea with a splash of milk in it; The warmth of the cup, the soft and sweet aroma that wafts up as you take a sip, and finally the smooth medley of flavor that dances across your taste buds - It's positively delightful! 

I've spoken before about my love of essential oils, and while I'm overjoyed with the selection found at various health food stores there were particular scents that I found myself craving, so I went exploring...

When I came across a tiny shop on Etsy called Alkemia Apothecary & Perfumery I was intrigued. 
I began to read, "Alkemia perfume oils are phthalate free and paraben free. They contain no fillers, chemical by-products, or other nastiness." - Ding, ding, ding! Well hello, Alkemia! 
With scent categories that range from Femme Fatale Florals to Vanillas, Cocoas and Sweets 
I knew that what I longed for was well within my reach. 

Now, for some unexplained reason I love the smell of warm, sweet milk... 
This is not a scent one comes across very often {believe me, I've searched!}, but within the Alkemia online store, there it was. "Au Lait": A cozy, ultra-cuddly blend of rich, creamy milk swirled with tonka, wild honey, and a touch of caramelized brown sugar. Cozy and creamy indeed! 
You had better believe that I ordered a bottle of it immediately and took it for a test spin the second I got it out of the packaging. Seventh heaven, I tell you! 

It got me to thinking... I do love a spot of tea... I wonder if there's perhaps some kind of "tea scent" resembling one of my favorites, Earl Grey. Back to Alkemia I went, but alas, Earl Grey did not exist... At least not yet. I inquired and was pleasantly surprised when the response 
I received was that they would be happy to create the scent for me! 
So here I am today, wearing Earl Grey layered with a touch of Au Lait and loving every bliss-filled minute of it. 
My, oh my, it is incredible what our sense of smell can inspire!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh that sounds like it would smell absolutely divine. Just reading your post made me sink into a relaxing state, imagining myself sipping on some earl grey and milk. :) A first-time visitor, and I love :)

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! the scent of warm sweet milk and earl grey, unexpected but now that I think of it, that sounds like such an amazing perfume combination. And i am thoroughly impressed that they responded so loyally and would even make a scent for you that they did not have! I am definitely checking this store out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds so adorable! I want it too... NOW :D
    vintage150395.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...