Thursday, April 26, 2012

Field Trip to Brooklyn

Tuesday was field trip day for Hillary and me - We bounced over to Brooklyn for the afternoon so that I could get the skinny on an adorable little jewelry store I had heard about - Catbird. If you've been following along you know that when it comes to jewelry I simply cannot help myself, even if it means I need to hop the L train! 

It was chilly and overcast, and I couldn't help but feel a little blue - What gives, Mother Nature?! You grace us with sunny, warm, beyond beautiful days only to follow them up with a series of chilly days with dreary grey skies - Brutal.

Anyway, enough ranting about the weather, let's get back to field trip fun...   


A few short blocks from the Bedford stop on the L train sits Catbird, a tiny wonderland that is was warm and cozy and smells of jasmine inside - It's filled top to bottom with jewelry both delicate and bold, and an assortment of neatly arranged nick-knacks adorn the walls and shelves of this charming establishment.

I scanned case after case, admiring the beauty of each and every piece I laid my eyes on. Rings, bracelets, necklaces; I was in love... with everything! But I paused when I came to a case that held Catbird's very own line - Right up my alley! I really love their delicate, stackable alphabet rings {They even have a little ampersand ring as well - how cute!}, but needed to put a little more thought into which letters I wanted, so instead I left with one of their tiny chain rings that sparkles at every angle, and a rose gold first knuckle ring both of which I promise to share pictures of very soon.

{Alphabet rings, I will be back for you later - I promise!}





















After leaving Catbird we did a bit more meandering, stumbled upon a bit of greenery growing in one of the most unlikely places, and saw a man in desperate need of a hug {I tried to oblige}. We completed our Brooklyn field trip with a meal, of course, at the relaxed and super delicious Allswell

Hellooo rib sandwich! 

So despite the weather being blue, the day was most definitely a sunny one!

Catbird                                 Allswell
219 Bedford Avenue           124 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY                      Brooklyn, NY

4 comments:

  1. You have just made me crave a second lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. indeed lovely pics! My friend brought me a bracelet from this catbird shop in brooklyn lol I just looove it! didn't know the shop had this much buzz ;-)


      Dlight from Paris

      La Rue A Du Style

      www.larueadustyle.com

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...