Sunday, April 1, 2012

Game of Thrones Season 2

Who else is really ridiculously excited for the season 2 premier of Game of Thrones this evening?

I have a tremendous soft spot for all period piece dramas so I knew Game of Thrones and I were going to be great friends from the start.

Following the first season, I couldn't help myself, I had to know what was going to happen next so I grabbed book 2, A Clash of Kings (yes book 2 not 1), and have read constantly until about two days ago when I finished book 5, A Dance With Dragons. Let me just say that thus far the entire series has been beyond incredible. If you are a fan of of the show I highly recommend reading the books. Although, I am kind of kicking myself at the moment because George R.R. Martin has yet to announce the release of book 6, The Winds of Winter, and patience is not something that I was blessed with!

Not only am I extraordinarily pumped to see the action of book 2 unfold before my eyes, but I'm also really eager to lay eyes on the newest character additions to the series. We'll be meeting quite a few new faces: Stannis Baratheon, Brienne of Tarth, Margaery Tyrell, Melisandre of Asshai, Davos Seaworth the "Onion Knight", and Ygritte the wildling are amongst the many.

Having already read through book 5 I feel a world away from book 2 and the happenings of the second season of Game of Thrones, so although I already know ultimately how things will evolve I believe I will be watching with fresh eyes.

Have you read the books? Do you watch the show?

"Winter is coming!"

5 comments:

  1. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog! so happy i found it. feel free to come stop by my blog if you get the chance.

    xo, nikki

    http://carry-on-couture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is amazing, the articles are very diversified, i love it.
    Wanna follow each others?
    Kiss
    Nores
    http://hennesalittlebirdtoldme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!! Of course I follow you back!(I'm trying via navbar because you don't have the followers button, tell me if it works)
    If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! I love Game of thrones! Just got the first book in my mailbox, can't wait to start reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...