Thursday, February 23, 2012

Backward or forward?

I recently hunkered down on a rainy evening and watched Midnight in Paris. I had heard mixed reviews but decided I had to give the Woody Allen film a chance, not only because it's Woody, but because it's Paris!

So I whipped up some popcorn, grabbed my softest blanket and fiercely snuggled up to my husband.

While I was, of course, enchanted by the unparalleled beauties and charms of Paris, I was really quite taken with the concept.
How amazing would it be to go back, or even forward, to a time period of your choice?! And although we've seen this before a la Doc Brown, Marty and the Delorean in Back to the Future, Woody made the idea of time travel much less technical, utterly seamless and infinitely more romantic. It got me thinking...

If I could choose one time period to go back to, what would it be? Or would I choose to see what the future will look like?

Sorry future, I'd opt to go back in time for sure. To when, I'm not sure, but I know that I'd love to experience at least several different eras, all of which, not so coincidentally, happen to involve women wearing exquisite dresses and donning dainty accessories.

What about you - What would you do? Where would you go and what would you want to see?


5 comments:

  1. midnight in Paris is amazing. i loooove woody allen. if you haven't seen Manhattan yet, you should. you'll love it :)

    http://lillasface.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought about this question and have never been able to decide! Maybe back to the '50s or '60s -- would be neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored that movie!

    Make sure you enter my contest to win a pair of CHLOE SUNGLASSES!! Xx
    http://fashionstarvedteen.blogspot.com/2012/02/chloe-sunglasses-giveaway-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos and absolutely loved this film! Definitely made me want to go back to this era :)
    xx

    Be Frassy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos and interesting post honey!
    If you want check my page: The Spotted Cherry Pie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...