Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Saturday


Hmm... A cappuccino, pain au chocolat and an apple turnover! Too aggressive to start a Saturday? I think not! 

I woke up this morning wishing I was at the beach - Not the tropical climate kind that you probably all thought of immediately, but the chilly winter North Carolina beach, where the sound of the waves and wind make you want to bundle up, snuggle up, and cuddle up! 


Winter time at the beach is always much quieter, much more subdued, and in my opinion, totally and completely romantic. I envision walks, hand in hand, on the beach during the day, complete with hats, scarves, gloves and jackets, leading to an evening bathed in candle light, glasses of red wine and a game of scrabble. Delightful. 


These photos are of the Outer Banks, North Carolina - It's beautiful down there.
walks at sunset
My favorite fisherman

Have you seen the film Nights in Rodanthe, with Richard Gere and Diane Lane? That's the house! It looked like it was about to be swept away by the incoming tide! 















Side note: As I was writing this post, enjoying my cappuccino and pastries, a bestie of mine, who is currently living in Ireland, just sent me a picture of her "4pm snack - to warm her innards" - HA! That made my heart smile - Miles away and we were practically doing the same thing. Here's to wonderful friends, delicious foods and beautiful days!






Have a marvelous Saturday, beauties.

1 comment:

  1. Full of style. Love it.

    http://paquetevsitasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...